The Korean Folk Village is a beautiful and interesting place to walk around and see some of the original Korean culture. It is a park-like setting you can spend anywhere from a few hours to a whole day there depending on how much detail you want to fit in.
It is a great place to see the flora and fauna of Spring and also a good place to experience some of the traditions associated with Korean holidays, such as Chuseok in the early Fall, or the Lunar New Year during the winter.
To get there:
- Take the "Big 1" North to Suwon
- Exit and go East at Suwon
- You will see signs to the KFV follow them, by turning right at the lights when they tell you.
- Follow this road south for about 5-10 minutes. You'll continue to see KFV signs, but they are a bit unclear.
- Turn left when the signs tell you to (we usually follow the buses to find the turn more easily)
- Follow this small road in to the KFV parking lot. There is a fee to park and a fee to get in. The best time to go is when they open.