Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Osan, Sweet Osan

It seems like every day I hear one of my friends or neighbors talking about a recent fabulous trip, or planning an upcoming one. If you look under 'labels' on the left side of this page you'll see a category called 'travel destinations' that has reviews of exotic locales by Osan parents. There are tons of interesting places you can easily travel to from here: Thailand, China, Japan, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Australia, New Zealand, Guam, Saipan and more.

While you're here you might as well take advantage of all these opportunities to travel, right? When will you ever have a chance like this again? That's what everyone says, and for a while I believed them. But you know what? I don't WANT to travel around Asia. If I had my choices of continents to travel on, Asia would be on the very bottom of my list, even below Antarctica. I can't read the signs, it's a hassle to travel with my two small children, and travelling costs a lot of money and leave, both of which we'd rather save. I get my fill of Asian culture eating in town and taking day trips to the local attractions.

Sometimes I feel very lame and uncool admitting this to all my well-travelled friends, but no more! I'm embracing my inner homebody. It's okay to stay on base!

No comments: